DESIgn – version history
New things planned for the next release
- numerous bug fixes in the 'fix bond/break/gran/disk' and 'fix bond/create/gran/disk' commands, which don't function as described in the User's Guide and in some cases cause hanging of the program,
- the command 'fix bond/create/gran/disk' now creates new bonds based on two criteria: distance between grains' edges and their relative velocity,
- time-dependent bond thickness (two versions: a very simple one, with specified dh/dt and h_max; and another one based on a simple model of thermodynamic ice growth).
Contact me if you need these fuctionalities and I'll provide you with the new code of these commands – it's already available, although not fully tested.
List of changes:
- bug fix in fix seaice/waves, related to the calculation of the wave-induced torque; in version 1.3 it was erroneously proportional to ρw instead of (ρw+ρi)/2,
- bug fix in fix nve/disk, so that the tilt of grains in simulations with waves is updated correctly,
- some less important bug fixes related, e.g., to memory deallocation, initialization of variables etc.
...was the first published version of DESIgn.